Tuesday June 13, 2017
Robertson O’Gorman Solicitors is seeking to recruit a law clerk into the firm which is based in Brisbane. The role would commence during university break and continue into second semester.
Robertson O’Gorman Solicitors is a criminal defence firm.
The law clerk role is on a casual basis with minimum two days availability per week and capacity to increase hours on an as needed basis. Ideally we are seeking to recruit a second year law student or second to third year double degree law student with a strong interest in criminal defence work.
A successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Be comfortable with court advocacy and/or public speaking;
- Previous time with a law firm (preferable but not compulsory);
- Strong research ability;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to undertake filing, photocopying, scanning and other administrative tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to integrate within a small team;
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines; and
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
Prospective candidates are invited to send a cover letter, resume and academic transcript to Emma Higgins, Solicitor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in relation to arrangement of interviews. Applications close 5.00pm 26 June 2017.