Publications / Media
Your first Appearance in the Brisbane Magistrates Court
- Your first appearance in the Brisbane Magistrates Court. Dan Rogers tells you what to expect when you're appearing in Court.
Amendments to Criminal Sentencing in Queensland
- New Criminal Penalties set for certain offenders. Brisbane Times, 18 June 2012: Terry O'Gorman comments on the amendments.
Privacy - Use of Drones
- Potential for abuse with Queensland Police trial of drones The Courier Mail, 14 March 2012: Terry O'Gorman comments on the trial by Queensland Police of hi-tech drones in police chases.
- Terry O'Gorman calls for probe into culture of police violence The Courier Mail, 15 February 2012: Terry O'Gorman made the call following video footage of a handcuffed man being bashed by police officers at Surfers Paradise
Children and the Law - 17 year olds treated as adults
- Terry O'Gorman comments on Queensland's law on 17 year old children being treated as adults 101.5fm, 1 March 2012: Queensland is the only state in Australia where 17 year old children are treated as adults in the criminal justice system
Police use of Tasers
- Terry O'Gorman comments on the Police use of Tasers 7 News, 17 February 2012
Law and Order Forum - Drugs
- The Courier-Mail's forum on law and order hears demand for drugs by young people a worrying trend The Courier Mail, 15 September 2011: Terry O’Gorman sat on the Courier Mail Law and Order panel in September
Compensation for Police Abuse of Power
- Today Tonight, Channel 7, 19 September 2011: Interview with Terry O’Gorman in relation to compensation from police abuse of power
- Today Show, Channel 9, 22 March 2010: Interview with Terry O’Gorman in relation to police chases
- 7pm Project, Channel 10, 22 March 2010: Interview with Terry O’Gorman in relation to police chases
Qld Criminal Justice System Law Reform
- QLS Submissionon the reform of the Queensland criminal justice system (commonly referred to as the ‘Moynihan report’).
Prepared by Terry O’Gorman on behalf of the QLS.
- QCCL Submission 2011 on secret evidence. Prepared by Terry O’Gorman on behalf of the QCCL.
- QCCL Submission on the Criminal Organisation Bill. Prepared by Terry O’Gorman on behalf of the QCCL.
- The Australian newspaper: “DNA under legal microscope”, 30 March 2010: Comments by Terry O’Gorman regarding DNA evidence.
- DNA under legal microscope
Police Move-On Powers
- Crime and Misconduct Commission - Review of police move-on powers (2011) 31 Qld Lawyer 31 Article by Dan Rogers regarding amendments to police move-on powers.
- Coercion in Crime Commissions and the Abrogation of the Priviliege against Self-Incrimination Article by Dan Rogers
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Mentally Ill in Queensland Correctional Centres Article by Dan Rogers about mental health in prisons
- Double Jeopardy - Resolving the Conflict between Competing Rights and Interests Article by Dan Rogers
PPRA Amendment 2011 - Pat-Down Search of Minors
- Transcript of Parliamentary Committee Public Hearing Dan Rogers appeared at the public hearing on the police powers amendment where amendments such as pat-down searches of minors are being proposed.