Do I need a Lawyer?

We strongly advise that if you are contacted by Police officers, including Australian Federal Police officers, you contact a lawyer before answering any questions.

If Police intend to interview you in relation to an offence or what you know about a matter they will give you a warning about contacting a lawyer. You should take that opportunity to obtain legal advice.

If you are being investigated by a Crime Commission or other investigative body including ASIC and other professional disciplinary bodies, you should obtain legal advice prior to speaking with any of those bodies. You have nothing to lose from obtaining legal advice at an early stage.